Chevre Shomrei Shabbos was incorporated in 1910. Its purpose was to encourage Sabbath observance and its object was to purchase cemetery ground.
In 1910, Chevre Shomre Shabbath bought 80,000 square feet of property from the Trustees of the Anshe Sphard Hebrew Congregation, Deed WPC 364, 567-570.
There are less than 80 graves in this section. The earliest stones found are from 1911.
The Jewish Cemetery Association acquired Shomre Shabbos Cemetery in 2003 and has been managing the cemetery since that time.