Jewish Cemetery Association of Greater Baltimore Welcomes You
Provide for the on-going efficient and effective care and leadership of Jewish cemeteries in the Baltimore area
Addressing the recent vandalism on
German Hill Road
Sometime around the July 4th weekend, 13 monuments were vandalized with swastikas in a JCA cemetery on German Hill Road (Ohr Knesseth Israel Anshe Sfard). Immediately upon learning of this, JCA acted to have monuments immediately cleaned and the graffiti removed. The police have been notified.
“Fortunately, we have the infrastructure within the Jewish Cemetery Association of Greater Baltimore, to respond quickly and provide dignity for the memory of our loved ones."
If you would like to contribute to the care of these Jewish Baltimore cemeteries, please click here: https://secure.qgiv.com/for/jcaogbi/
On July 9th a Interfaith Demonstration of Unity was held in conjunction with the Baltimore Jewish Council and Jewish Cemetery Association at the cemetery that was vandalized. Steve Venick, the President of the Jewish Cemetery Association speaks around the 10 minute mark.
Who We Are
Members of our Board
Steve Venick ~ President
Jo Ann Windman ~ Vice President
Jesse Harris ~ ex-officio
The Jewish Cemetery Association of Greater Baltimore oversee's the following cemeteries.
2) Tfereth Israel--Rosedale
3) Bnai Reuben--Rosedale
4) Jewish War Veterans--Rosedale
5) Ohr Knesseth Israel--German Hill Road
6) Shomrei Shabbos--German Hill Road
7) Adath Israel--German Hill Road
8) Ohel Yaakov--Bowleys Lane
9) Adath Yeshurun--Bowleys Lane
10) Hebrew Benevolent--Pulaski Highway
11) Beth Isaac Adath Israel--German Hill Road
12) Hebrew Orthodox--German Hill Road
13) Posvohler Friendly Society--German Hill Road
14) Hebrew Friendship--Baltimore Street
15) Beth Shalom--Taylorsville
16) Beth Yehuda--Bowleys Lane
“The only truly dead are those who have been forgotten”