Founded in 1888
On January 23, 1949, a newly refurbished building at 4651 Pimlico Road was dedicated.
In 1967, the congregation followed the course of much of the Jewish community, and relocated to Old Court Road and Marriott’s Lane, becoming Adath Yeshurun, Old Court Synagogue Center. It dedicated its new sanctuary on May 25, 1969. It merged with Mogen Abraham in 1974, becoming Adath Yeshurun-Mogen Abraham, Old Court Synagogue Center.
In 2008, the shul left Randallstown and merged with Agudath Israel of Greenspring.
Rabbi Simcha Shafran, due to poor health, formed a minyan/shul in his new home on Lightfoot Drive in Pikesville, MD.
The Jewish Cemetery Association was approached by Rabbi Shafran in 2011 to take over ownership and operation of Adath Yeshurun Cemetery, located at 6700 Bowleys Lane, Rosedale, MD 21237. The board unanimously approved the acquisition and has been managing the cemetery since.
When we took over the cemetery, many headstones were overturned so our first improvement was to reset them and install new foundations.
Over 1200 memorials are attributed to Adath Yeshurun on Bowleys Lane. There are 6 Adath Yeshurun sections, not all of them are contiguous. The sections are Old Left, Old Right, New Left, New Right, OBJ and NBJ east.